International Legislative Training
The Center has conducted successful training events in the following subject areas:
- legislative drafting and legislative process
- public participation and citizen advocacy
- judicial reform and judicial disciplinary procedures
- law revision and codification
- alternative dispute resolution
By drawing upon other law faculty as resources, the Center also has the capability to provide training in a wide variety of substantive legal areas:
- criminal law and procedure
- constitutional law
- civil procedure
- commercial law
- environmental law
- international trade
- intellectual property law
- urban law and zoning
- admiralty and maritime law
- clinical legal education
The Public Law Center also has access to an extensive network of law school alumni and public officials who can provide training in other areas of expertise:
- court administration
- judicial associations
- bar associations
International Training Events
(1) Tailored Training: These events are specially designed for delegations visiting New Orleans or other U.S. cities. TPLC has conducting tailored training events since 1991 for delegations from Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Cyprus, Hungary, Eritrea, the Dominican Republic, Croatia, and Pakistan for periods of up to three months.
(2) The International Legislative Drafting Institute: The Institute is a two-week summer program that has been held annually in New Orleans since 1995. The Institute's training responds to the worldwide demand on legislative drafting personnel for new laws supporting the emergence of free-market economies and democratic forms of government.
View Our Participants Worldwide in a full screen map
(3) Distant Training: TPLC has conducted training programs in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America on a broad variety of topics such as legislative drafting, transparency laws, and Alternative Dispute Resolution. See the map below and click on the country to find out more information about the past training.
View The Public Law Center International Training Event in a full screen map
For more information on The Public Law Center and its international training capacity, please see TPLC's Capability Statement.