7TH ANNUAL NATIONAL BASEBALL ARBITRATION COMPETITION: JANUARY 22-24, 2014
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the 7th Annual Tulane National Baseball Arbitration Competition, which will take place from January 22-24, 2014. See the attached registration materials for more information on the event and the registration process.
Please do not hesitate to contact Jeff Tiedeman with any questions that you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
2014 Registration Materials
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The National Baseball Arbitration Competition, run by the Tulane Sports Law Society, is a simulated salary arbitration competition modeled closely on the procedures used by Major League Baseball (MLB). Like most law school moot court competitions, the National Baseball Arbitration Competition's main goal is to provide participants with the opportunity to sharpen their oral and written advocacy skills. However, the competition is unique in that it allows law students to sharpen these skills within the specialized context of MLB's salary arbitration proceedings. The competition is held annually in the early part of the spring academic semester at Tulane University Law School. Additionally, at the conclusion of the arbitration competition the Sports Law Society hosts a panel of experts to discuss legal issues related to baseball.
6TH ANNUAL NATIONAL BASEBALL ARBITRATION COMPETITION:
The 6th Annual National Baseball Arbitration Competition concluded on January 25, 2013. Congratulations to our winners:
First Place: Pace University School of Law: Greg Dreyfuss, Dan Masi and their Coach Jared Hand.
Second Place: Tulane University Law School: Jesse Stratos, Tarryn Walsh and Lamar Weeks.
Semifinalists: Chicago- Kent College of Law: Brian Crump, Lee Oliff and Alex Reich.
University of Virginia School of Law: Matthew Kimberlin, Denise Letendre and Kathryn Young.
Please check out Jerry Crasnick's ESPN story on the competition. It can be found here: Jerry Crasnick's TNBAC Story
LAST YEAR'S JUDGES AND SPEAKERS
- Nona Lee, Senior Vice President and General Counsel of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Jon Fetterolf, Partner, Williams & Connolly LLP in Washington D.C.
- Jorge Arangure Jr., Senior Writer, ESPN The Magazine.
- Marc Kligman, Baseball Agent, Total Care Sports Management.
- Jeremy Soso, Attorney, The Lambert Firm.
- Jay Reisinger, Partner at Farrell & Reisinger, LLC.
- Jerry Crasnick, Writer, ESPN.com and Baseball America.
- Adam Rubin, New York Mets Writer, ESPNNEWYORK.com.
- Bryan Minniti, Assistant GM of the Washington Nationals.
- Mandy Eysie, Senior Manager, Legal Operations of the Boston Red Sox.
- Doyle Pryor, Former General Counsel, Major League Baseball Players Association.
- Cayce Peterson, Attorney, The Lambert Firm.
2013 Final Rankings
2013 Power Rankings
2013 National Problems
2013 Arbitration Rules
Salary Arbitration Guide
2013 Oral Argument Score Sheet
Sample Briefs: Andrew Bailey Nelson Cruz Jordan Zimmerman
Sample Exhibits: Andrew Bailey
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the competition, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or talk to Jeff Tiedeman, the Baseball Arbitration Competition Chair, at email@example.com.