8TH ANNUAL NATIONAL BASEBALL ARBITRATION COMPETITION: JANUARY 28-30, 2015
Registration for the 2015 Competition will open late September. Further detail will be available soon!
Please do not hesitate to contact Hamilton Wise (email@example.com) or Andrew Respess (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions that you may have at email@example.com.
2015 Registration Materials will be provided in September, prior to registration opening.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The National Baseball Arbitration Competition, run by the Tulane Sports Law Society, is a simulated salary arbitration competition modeled closely on the procedures used by Major League Baseball (MLB). Like most law school moot court competitions, the National Baseball Arbitration Competition's main goal is to provide participants with the opportunity to sharpen their oral and written advocacy skills. However, the competition is unique in that it allows law students to sharpen these skills within the specialized context of MLB's salary arbitration proceedings. The competition is held annually in the early part of the spring academic semester at Tulane University Law School. Additionally, at the conclusion of the arbitration competition the Sports Law Society hosts a panel of experts to discuss legal issues related to baseball.
Please check out Jerry Crasnick's ESPN story on the competition. It can be found here: Jerry Crasnick's TNBAC Story
2015 JUDGES AND SPEAKERS COMING SOON
2014 JUDGES AND SPEAKERS
- Andrew Bassett, Coordinator, Pro Scouting of the Chicago Cubs
- John D'Angelo, Manager, Salary & Contract Administration, MLB
- Jon Fetterolf, Partner, Williams & Connolly LLP in Washington D.C.
- Jay Franklin, Baseball Agent, BBI Sports Group
- Marc Kligman, Baseball Agent, Total Care Sports Management
- Nick Krall, Director of Baseball Operations of the Cincinnati Reds
- Nona Lee, Senior Vice President and General Counsel of the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Cayce Peterson, Attorney, The Lambert Firm, PLC
- Jay Reisinger, Partner, Farrell & Reisinger, LLC
- Zack Rosenthal, Director, Baseball Operations/Asst. General Counsel of the Colorado Rockies
- Teddy Werner, Vice President, Business Development of the Milwaukee Brewers
- Alex Winsberg, Director, Legal Affairs & Risk Management of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
2014 TNBAC FINALISTS
Congratulations to the following teams and participants for making the 2014 TNBAC Semifinals:
Champions: Emory (Team 4): Greg McMillin and Matt Wilson
Runners-Up: Chicago-Kent (Team 25): Steve Gross, Steve Bertholomey, and Jaret Glazer
Semifinalists: Indiana (Team 34): Ben Lewis and Hamed Bayat
Semifinalists: Miami (Team 15): Ryan Appel, Josh Brandsdorfer, and Jamie Sadler
2014 COMPETITION DOCUMENTS
2014 National Problems
2014 Arbitration Competition Rules
Salary Arbitration Guide
2014 Oral Argument Score Sheet
Sample Briefs: Andrew Bailey Nelson Cruz Jordan Zimmerman
Sample Exhibits: Andrew Bailey
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the competition, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or talk to Hamilton Wise (email@example.com) or Andrew Respess (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Baseball Arbitration Co-Chairs.