7TH ANNUAL NATIONAL BASEBALL ARBITRATION COMPETITION: JANUARY 22-24, 2014
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the 7th Annual Tulane National Baseball Arbitration Competition, which will take place from January 22-24, 2014. See the attached registration materials for more information on the event and the registration process.
Please do not hesitate to contact Jeff Tiedeman with any questions that you may have at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Registration Materials
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The National Baseball Arbitration Competition, run by the Tulane Sports Law Society, is a simulated salary arbitration competition modeled closely on the procedures used by Major League Baseball (MLB). Like most law school moot court competitions, the National Baseball Arbitration Competition's main goal is to provide participants with the opportunity to sharpen their oral and written advocacy skills. However, the competition is unique in that it allows law students to sharpen these skills within the specialized context of MLB's salary arbitration proceedings. The competition is held annually in the early part of the spring academic semester at Tulane University Law School. Additionally, at the conclusion of the arbitration competition the Sports Law Society hosts a panel of experts to discuss legal issues related to baseball.
Please check out Jerry Crasnick's ESPN story on last year's competition. It can be found here: Jerry Crasnick's TNBAC Story
2014 JUDGES AND SPEAKERS
- Andrew Bassett, Coordinator, Pro Scouting of the Chicago Cubs
- John D'Angelo, Manager, Salary & Contract Administration, MLB
- Jon Fetterolf, Partner, Williams & Connolly LLP in Washington D.C.
- Jay Franklin, Baseball Agent, BBI Sports Group
- Marc Kligman, Baseball Agent, Total Care Sports Management
- Nick Krall, Director of Baseball Operations of the Cincinnati Reds
- Nona Lee, Senior Vice President and General Counsel of the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Cayce Peterson, Attorney, The Lambert Firm, PLC
- Jay Reisinger, Partner, Farrell & Reisinger, LLC
- Zack Rosenthal, Director, Baseball Operations/Asst. General Counsel of the Colorado Rockies
- Teddy Werner, Vice President, Business Development of the Milwaukee Brewers
- Alex Winsberg, Director, Legal Affairs & Risk Management of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
2014 TNBAC FINALISTS
Congratulations to the following teams and participants for making the 2014 TNBAC Semifinals:
Champions: Emory (Team 4): Greg McMillin and Matt Wilson
Runners-Up: Chicago-Kent (Team 25): Steve Gross, Steve Bertholomey, and Jaret Glazer
Semifinalists: Indiana (Team 34): Ben Lewis and Hamed Bayat
Semifinalists: Miami (Team 15): Ryan Appel, Josh Brandsdorfer, and Jamie Sadler
2014 COMPETITION DOCUMENTS
2014 National Problems
2014 Arbitration Competition Rules
Salary Arbitration Guide
2014 Oral Argument Score Sheet
Sample Briefs: Andrew Bailey Nelson Cruz Jordan Zimmerman
Sample Exhibits: Andrew Bailey
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the competition, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, or talk to Jeff Tiedeman, the Baseball Arbitration Competition Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.