Tulane Law School
About Admission & Financial Aid Student Life Programs Faculty Library Employers & Careers Life After Law School News
home
Tulane Law School
  News   
 

News releases concerning Tulane Law School, its faculty, staff, students, and programs are posted here.  For more information, please contact Linda P. Campbell, Director of Communications at 504.865.5976.

 
 
Tulane Law School Dean, Lawrence Ponoroff, Welcomes Class of 2010

August 23, 2007

Dean Ponoroff welcomed 245 new first-year students to Tulane Law School on Wednesday, August 15, 2007, stating:  “Our goal is train bright young people to become leaders in their profession and, of equal importance, leaders in their communities. Public Service is a part of your professional responsibilities. Do not lose sight of the fact that today you are taking the first steps that will eventually lead to entry into a profession, and with that comes certain privileges but also certain responsibilities.”

Hailing from 37 states, 5 countries, and 135 undergraduate institutions, the class is among the most highly credentialed in Tulane’s history.  Just under 40% of the class this year came directly from undergraduate school.  The remaining 60% arrived with a broad range of prior experiences, including graduate school, military, Fulbright and Marshall Scholarship projects, Teach for America, paralegal, and work in industries including banking, health care, music, television, and more.

Dean Ponoroff reminded the class in his welcoming talk, “TLS was the first law school in the country to include a pro bono/public service component as a graduation requirement.  Our hope is that this experience will instill in you an appreciation for the responsibilities we all have to give back to our communities, both with our time and in the manner in which we conduct ourselves—serving as a role model for others.”

 
   


Tulane Lawyer Magazine  



ABA REQUIRED DISCLOSURES CONTACT TLS INTRANET CALENDAR SEARCH:
 
©Tulane University Law School | Weinmann Hall | 6329 Freret Street | New Orleans, LA 70118 | 504.865.5939    Privacy Policy
Tulane University Home
 
 
admin login